Is A Revolution Needed In Water Treatment Technologies? - An Exclusive Interview with Anthony Bevilacqua, Head of Research and Development, Mettler-Toledo Thornton
By Mike Henley
This article features a conversation with Anthony Bevilacqua, PhD, who is Head of R&D at Mettler-Toledo Thornton, where he has worked since 1994.
While his work touches water, Dr. Bevilacqua has never thought of himself as being in the “water business”. “I have always thought of myself and Thornton as a developer of tools and a solution-provider for analytical chemical measurements, especially in ultrapure water*,” he said in a recent interview with Ultrapure Water.
Our wide-ranging conversation with Dr. Bevilacqua covered a number of topics, including:
· The importance of R&D and its current status,
· Instrument technology developments and needed enhancements.
· The USP and how changes come to the USP’s guidelines impacting pharmaceutical water treatment.
· An explanation about the USP expert committees.
· Observations about the current state of water treatment technologies.
Other Interviews in this series:
Log in or Subscribe to Access the Full Article
To read or download full-length articles you need a subscription to Ultrapure. Please log in or subscribe below.